The Hokey Pokey Put your left foot in, Your left foot out, Your left footin, And shake it all about. You do the hokey pokey And turn yourself around That’s what it’s all about. – Original Lyrics O proud left foot, that ventures quick within Then soon upon abackward journey lithe. Anon, once more the gesture, then begin: Command sinistral pedestal to writhe. Commence thou then the fervid Hokey-Poke. A mad gyration, hips in wanton swirl. To spin! A wilde release from heaven’s yoke. Blessed dervish! Surely canst go, girl. The Hoke, the poke –banish now thy doubt. Verily, I say, ’tis what it’s all about. – Shakespearean Style
- My girlfriend is so sweet. She always texts me Disney lyrics when she’s away with my mates like, “You’ve got a friend in me!”
- My wife just asked me when I was going to stop quoting Elton John song lyrics.I said, “I think it’s gonna be a long, long time!”
- One way or another, I’m really going to have to stop quoting Blondie lyrics!
- I’ve been sacked as the singer in a D:Ream tribute band as I kept getting the lyrics wrong…Oh well, I guess things can only improve!
- Have you heard Neil Diamonds new Christmas song? I can’t recall the lyrics but I remember it had a sweet carol line
- My ability to remember song lyrics from the ‘80s far exceeds my ability to remember why I usually walk into the kitchen.