1. I am currently out at a job interview and will reply to you if I fail to get the position. Be prepared for my mood. 2. You are receiving this automatic notification because I am out of the office. If I was in, chances are you wouldn’t have received anything at all. 3. I will be unable to delete all the unread, worthless emails you send me until I return from holiday on 4 April. Please be patient and your mail will be deleted in the order it was received. 4. Thank you for your email. Your credit card has been charged $5.99 for the first ten words and $1.99 for each additional word in your message. 5. The e-mail server is unable to verify your server connection and is unable to deliver this message. Please restart your computer and try sending again.'(The beauty of this is that when you return, you can see how many in-duh-viduals did this over and over). 6. Thank you for your message, which has been added to a queuing system.. You are currently in 352nd place, and can expect to receive a reply in approximately 19 weeks. 7. I’ve run away to join a different circus. 8. I will be out of the office for the next 2 weeks for medical reasons. When I return, please refer to me as ‘Margaret’ instead of ‘Jay’.
- You know you’re in IT if… …power cords breed in your office. …your laptop is held together with duct tape. …you accidentally tell your wife to submit a ticket when she asks you what you want for dinner. …you make CAT5 action figures. …you have a tray table on the server rack for lunch. …you’ve racked up 10 weeks of vacation and still don’t have time to take any. …rock, paper, scissors is a legitimate decision-making process. …you have more switches than friends. …you have a server rack in your garage at home. …all of your relatives expect you to fix their home computer.
- A .. HARD-DISK Woman: She remembers everything you say and do,FOREVER.!!! B… WINDOWS Woman: Everyone knows that she can’t do anything right, but you can’t live without her. C… EXCEL Woman: They say she can do a lot of things but you mostly use her for only four of your basic needs. D… SCREENSAVER Woman: She is good for nothing functional, but at least she is exciting, colourful, and lots of fun! E… INTERNET Woman: Difficult to access and hard to keep running.!!! F… SERVER Woman: Claims to be available to you, but Always busy when you need her. G… MULTIMEDIA Woman: She has a way of making horrible things look very beautiful. H… CD-ROM Woman: She always has you on the move, going faster and faster.!!! I… E-MAIL Woman: Out of Every ten things she says, eight are plain nonsense. J… VIRUS Woman: Also known as “WIFE”; when you are least expecting her, she shows up, installs herself, and starts gobbling up all your resources. If you try to uninstall her, you will lose almost every thing. If you don’t try to uninstall her, you will still have nothing.
- 10. When filling out your driver’s license application you give your IP address. 9. You no longer ask prospective dates what their sign is, instead your line is “Hi, what’s your URL?” 8. Instead of calling you to dinner, your spouse sends e-mail. 7. You’re amazed to find out spam is a food. 6. You “ping” people to see if they’re awake, “finger” them to find out how they are, and “AYT” them to make sure they’re listening to you. 5. You search the Net endlessly hoping to win every silly free T-shirt contest. 4. You introduce your wife as “my email@example.com” and refer to your children as “client applications”. 3. At social functions you introduce your husband as “my domain server”. 2. After winning the office super bowl pool you blurt out, “I feel so “colon-right parentheses!” And the number one sign you are an Internet Geek: 1. Two Words: “Pizza’s Here!”
- You know you’re in IT if… …you paid $6000 for your computer and $500 for your car. …your pets are named Cat 5 and Cat 6. …power cords breed in your office. …your laptop is held together with duct tape. …you accidentally tell your wife to submit a ticket when she asks you what you want for dinner. …you make CAT5 action figures. …you have a tray table on the server rack for lunch. …you’ve racked up 10 weeks of vacation and still don’t have time to take any. …rock, paper, scissors is a legitimate decision-making process. …you have more switches than friends. …you have a server rack in your garage at home. …all of your relatives expect you to fix their home computer.
- I’ve made a website for depressed tennis players…Servers are currently down!
- My friend drowned, so for his funeral we put a life preserver on his coffin.It’s what he would have wanted.